We realise that travelling to City may be one of the main worries for families applying here. At City, we try to ensure that the journey to school is stress-free for all involved!
WIDE CATCHMENT AREA
The girls at City come from all over London, and there are girls in each year group from North, South, East and West London. Our catchment area will also increase in the coming years with the introduction of the Crossrail routes. The map below should give you a good idea of the wide ranging locations of our current girls. The bulk of our pupils ravel by public transport to school.
TRAVEL BUDDY SYSTEM
For pupils entering year 7 we offer a travel buddy scheme to new starters which pairs your daughter with an older pupil who travels to school the same route by public transport so they can travel together for the first few weeks. Details of this scheme will be given in the summer term.
CLASSES/HOUSES ARRANGED BY POSTCODE
For girls entering year 3 and 7, the classes and houses are arranged principally by postcode so that you will be with girls who live and travel from a similar area. We hope this will help you to settle in well and to make good friends who live nearby.
We are of course aware that there will sometimes be disruption or strike action which results in a difficult journey to school. Please do not worry about this as we are certainly used to it!
Communication is sent out to parents if we know strike action is planned (we may send girls home slightly earlier if there is a full tube strike, for example, so that they avoid the rush hour chaos). Our receptionist also checks the TfL updates each morning so that we know if there is disruption and can warn the form tutors that some girls will be late to school.
Private coach services (organised by parents) are available from around London to school in the mornings and returning in the afternoon.
Currently six routes are available, but the routes do vary from year to year:
- "Finchley Road”, Golders Green-Finchley Road-St Johns Wood
- “Maida Vale”, Brondesbury Park-Maida Vale-Marylebone-Great Portland St
- “Belsize”, Collingdale-Golders Green-Hampstead-Belsize Park
- “Highgate”, High Barnet-East Finchley-Highgate-Highbury-Islington
- “Kensington”, Hammersmith-Brook Green-Kensington-Chelsea-Belgravia-Green Park
- “East London”, Chigwell-Woodford-Canary Wharf
Please note the following points:
- Likely cost £10-15 per day return for the coach (exact amount will depend an the amount pupils). Payment termly in advance.
- You have the option to choose morning, afternoon or both, it is slightly more expensive for one way only. You are expected to pay for the whole week (5 days), part weeks not available.
- There is only one coach per route currently.
- Coaches do not cover journeys home after after hours activities.
- Extra routes could be introduced if sufficient demand exists.
For more information please contact email@example.com
Please note that the coach services are arranged privately between CLSG parents and the service providers, and are not run in any way for or by the school.