Congratulations to all Houses for rising to the challenge for this year's virtual House Music, and ending this term with a (rhythmic) bang! Although whole houses were unable to gather together in the main hall, there was certainly no shortage of house spirit. Vocal, instrumental, solo, and House song entries were all filmed in advance and broadcast simultaneously to form rooms, from which chants could be heard ricocheting across B floor corridors at truly impressive volume.
Special congratulations to St Bride, the worthy winners of the overall event, as well as their House Song rendition of Bastille's Pompeii, and a brand new 'music technology' prize in recognition of the new challenges involved with producing their entries. You can watch all the entries here, and the full results are below:
- Best instrumental group - TUDOR (Hedwig's Theme)
- Best vocal ensemble - WARD (Shallow)
- Best solo - FLEET (Shreya, Piano - No Time To Die)
- Best house song - ST BRIDE (Bastille - Pompeii)
- Best music technology ST BRIDE
- OVERALL WINNER: ST BRIDE