Skip to content ↓

City of London

School for girls

International admissions

Several pupils join us at City each year from overseas. International pupils bring an exciting dimension to school life here, and reflect the wide range of nationalities, backgrounds and languages.

Application system

Please see the relevant age group entry section on the main admissions menu for details of the admissions process. For overseas applicants, the following additional details will then also apply.

Sitting your entry assessment overseas

For year 7 entry, pupils who are coming from overseas may be able to sit their assessment exam at a select number of British Council offices. CEM, our assessment provider, are confirming a list of approved offices, and we will confirm this as soon as possible. Please note, however, that we cannot guarantee this provision for all overseas applicants.  

For year 12 entry, we can arrange for applicants to sit their assessment overseas at a local British Council office. You simply need to make contact with your local British Council office to confirm that they will invigilate the assessment, and provide us with their contact details. We will then email the papers and instructions to them in order for them to conduct the assessment. They will then return the completed papers to us for marking.

Should you be successful in the assessments for year 7 or year 12 entry, we can then arrange for your interview to be held online if this is more convenient. 

Visa applications

It is likely that successful applicants who wish to study at City will need a visa if they do not hold a British or European passport. Click here to check whether you require a visa.

In most cases, pupils will require a tier 4 student visa (either child or general) to study in the UK. Pupils will not be permitted to study on a tourist visa. You can apply for a visa through us, as we have HTS (Highly Trusted Sponsor) status and can sponsor your visa. The visa you receive is linked to your course at City. Generally speaking, if a pupil is under 18, they require a child visa. If over 18, they will require a general visa. However, if a pupil is aged 16 or 17, they can be classed as either child or general. We will advise you of this during the admissions process.